Wednesday, May 29, 2013

things that I dislike about the Asus 144 Hz monitor VGA 248 QE:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1734114&page=72
http://www.overclock.net/t/1339384/zero-motion-blur-lcd-nvidia-lightboost-hack-looks-like-crt-looks-like-480hz/1000_50

This is some things that I dislike about the Asus 144 Hz monitor VGA 248 QE:

Sharpness can only be adjusted in increments of 10% from 0 to 100. Fine control over sharpness allows me to adjust my text to the exact level of crispness that I enjoy. My eyes are very prone to stress when reading.

The matte coating is a bit too heavy. Not as heavy as on my Acer H203, but I wish the matte coating could be lighter. I don't want completely glossy because that for my experience is not comfortable.

These are the things I liked about the monitor:

The adjustable base is superb. You can take off this monitor and replaced it with any other vesa mountable monitor very easily. Other brands like Dell have proprietary attachments. Kudos to Asus. You can even rotate the monitor counterclockwise by just a little bit so that in case your base is level on your desk in either direction, you can be assured that your monitor will always be level.

The light boost 2-D hack found on the blur busters block is really amazing especially for shooters. I can get head shots left and right with my M3 shotgun in counterstrike source. There is no input lag that I noticed even in light boost mode.

Maybe us AMD owners should pass on this monitor and be vocal about it, to encourage Asus to come out with a universal strobing backlight 144 Hz monitor that's not restricted to Nvidia light boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment