Thursday, May 30, 2013

WNC 1500 wireless headset can be used while recharging

I just confirmed with a email customer service representative from Andrea Electronics that the WNC 1500 wireless headset can be used while recharging plugged in via the USB cable.

I was initially confused because I found to pamphlets on their website one stating that the unit cannot be used while charging and the other one stating the opposite. The customer service representative replied to me saying that this was a mistake on their part and replace the faulty pamphlet with the correct one.
A word of caution however as I did go on the Internet to search for the precautions of charging while using lithium-ion batteries. I didn't find anyone saying that this will for sure damage the batteries, but there is the issue of excess heat caused by the simultaneous charging in using and lithium-ion batteries do not like excess heat which will shorten the lifespan of the battery. Other than that I didn't find any precautions warnings against using the battery while charging.

the H600 works surprisingly well in our testing, but does not have the same level of noise rejection as the WNC-1500

No comments:

Post a Comment