Friday, May 10, 2013

Westinghouse 32 inch edge lit LED pc monitor



Westinghouse 32 inch edge lit LED the 2012 model that I bought at Costco for only $200 is a 720 pizza but it works amazingly well as a PC monitor when I said about 5 feet away. I don't notice any pixelation because of the distance and was the sharpness adjustment I can really see the text extremely clearly a like any other TVs even high-end Samsung 1080 P 32 inch TVs aren't as good as this TV when viewing text at 1366 resolution.

Initially I didn't expect this from such a low and said, but I think it's a combination of the panel type which looks like a VA, the pixel layout, which is horizontal rather than vertical, and the very smooth AG coating that makes text look really crisp on this set. I almost wanted to return it for a 1080 P Samsung because I thought it must be better if it Samsung and 1080 P, but when I actually went to the store to plug in my laptop HDMI to the Sansone and compared it with the Westinghouse I noticed how much better and sharper the Westinghouse was. Much less eyestrain. I compared the Westinghouse with other brands to such as video and Panasonic and for a 32 inch nothing has been this Westinghouse so far the model number starts with UW

The newest lineup from Westinghouse is backwards rather than edge lit and I wonder how well these new models will work as a text viewing PC monitor. One of the reasons my set work so well is because there is no PWM flicker because the edge lighting is always set to full and when set to full it isn't very bright so I can view this in a dim room without the lights overpowering my eyes. However the new backlit sets from Westinghouse might be too bright and if you need to tone down the brightness to the backlight setting, then you will get PWM flicker I assume.

Also something I've noticed with backlit sets since all the other TVs I tested were backlit is that some of them have a thin you a affect where the center of the TV is brighter than the outer edges. This causes me eyestrain as well because the shift in brightness from center decides somehow causes my eyes to interpret it as flickering.

So I'm thinking this UW series Westinghouse 32 inch might be a rare gem that I got lucky to find but I'm also afraid that it will break soon since I use it upwards of eight hours a day as a PC monitor. And in the future if I send it in for warranty they might not repair it and just send me a new unit that isn't the same as this unit because they ran out of this model in the future. Now I'm trying to find information on the Internet about how to maintain a TV to prolong its life span.

No comments:

Post a Comment